- The importance of choosing the right PhD examiner… a sideways look at the possible consequences…
- The PhD as Quest: The Movie!!
- How many references should I have in my thesis? How many references do I need in this paper?
- Invitation to complete a short survey on ‘Influential literature and scholars in the field of doctoral education’
- How to select an examiner for your PhD
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Academic integrity
- Business and management
- Communication skills
- Creative thinking
- Higher education policy
- Humanities PhD
- PhDs and employment
- Research communication
- Research methods
- Research writing
- The future of doctoral education
- Thesis writing
- Transferable skills
- University ranking systems
Monthly Archives: June 2014
An EU-funded project, UNIKE (Universities in the Knowledge Economy), has just published a report containing its first set of notes. The report looks at European policy on doctoral education over the last 15 years or so and at US policy … Continue reading
Have you ever had a paper rejected by a journal? Was it a lower impact journal that you chose because you really wanted to get something published? Well, fear not. All is not lost! In a blog that is well … Continue reading
Higher education is increasingly being seen as a commodity, as something to be bought and sold, as something which should operate in a market. Moves in this direction have gone furthest in the USA and UK and the recently elected … Continue reading
I offer this to my readers with no further explanation necessary about the need to be careful about where you seek to publish your research.
After two posts on university rankings and ranking systems, you might be forgiven for thinking you’d seen the last of them at least until the next year’s crop emerges, but no. For the lovers of positional relationships, league tables and … Continue reading
After my earlier post on where not to publish, a number of people contacted me to say words along the line of, ‘That’s all very well, young man, but where do we publish?’ (I’ve embellished a bit with the ‘young … Continue reading